Why I created a blog

Its been many years since I first created this blog. It has remained true to Essbase and related information over those years. Hopefully it has answered questions and given you insight over those years. I will continue to provide my observations and comments on the ever changing world of EPM. Don't be surprised if the scope of the blog changes and brings in other Hyperion topics.


Monday, April 11, 2011

Essbase Studio book released (Finally)

It took a bit longer than I expected, as the editors, especially Cameron Lackpour, found numerous little issues that needed to be fixed, but the Look Smarter Than you are with Essbase Studio book has finally be released to the general public. You can go to Lulu.com and just search for Essbase Studio books. It will be the only one or if you are smarter than I are, you can just click on the link Studio Book and go right to it. If you are at the Collaborate 11 conference, you can get it quicker as they have some copies in the bookstore. 

You can even preview the first chapter of it without buying it (I think it is the funniest chapter). 

4 comments:

Doug Burke said...

Glenn,

Congratulations on giving birth to this book. I'm sure it will be excellent and I'm already lining up to get my copy autographed.

Cameron Lackpour said...

It's an excellent book. Copy editing it reminded how much I like Studio's interface and how, oh how, I wish EPMA's interface was consigned to the dusty depths of history and replaced with Studio's. I can dream, right?

I highly recommend the book -- it's funny, concise, easy to follow, and has this fascinating character named "Cameron" right in the beginning of the book. settomg the tone for the excellence that follows. ;)

Regards,

Cameron Lackpour

Anonymous said...

Hi Glenn,
Didn't see anyway on Lulu site to download first chapter. I've purchased two of the Look Smarter books already (v9 and V11) so not just a freeloader.

GlennS said...

I have no control over the Lulu site. The preview of used to be there, but disappeard. I've asked someone (Tracy) to see what happened and try to restore it. look for it in the next day or so.