Why I created a blog

Its been many years since I first created this blog. It has remained true to Essbase and related information over those years. Hopefully it has answered questions and given you insight over those years. I will continue to provide my observations and comments on the ever changing world of EPM. Don't be surprised if the scope of the blog changes and brings in other Hyperion topics.


Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Kaleidoscope

I’m sorry. I said I would be blogging about the conference each day to keep those of you how could not make it informed about what was going on. Frankly I’ve been so busy that I have not had the time to do it. Monday started with a genera session. During the session a couple of things were revealed. First, The location for the next Kaleidoscope. It will start June 26th in Long Beach Ca. Second, A new conference chair was announced. It is Edward Roske.  The Keynote speaker was Lee Rainie from the Pew Research Center’s Internet and American Life project. I won’t go into the presentation itself, you can look at their web site to see statistics, but it was interesting as he showed a lot of technical trending.

I had the opening technical session of the conference with a session on MDX practical examples. While I think (hope) the presentation went well, I had so many good questions, I got off track at times and had to rush through the last part.

I ended up taking over one of Edward Roske’s presentations on ASO optimization so I spent an hour or so going over it the had lunch. The food was good,but crowded and a bit unorganized. First impression, not quite as good as last year. 

Since I’m on so little sleep, I’ll apologize for not saying more, I’ll TRY to do a recap of what I saw after the conference is over. 

No comments: